L1 W (L2)
exam return...go over
final! Review sheet next time. Mock Exams next time. Review day? One week?
I. Pop-quiz paradox...
We'll see that the answer to the pop-quiz symbolization question involves saying that ALL remaining class days are IDENTICAL to either a, b, c, or d.
II. So: identity! We'll add one specific predicate to PL in order to make PLI, predicate logic with identity.
- Let's begin by saying that
"George is identical to the president but distinct from the winner of the MI vote"
- How would we say that
"George and someone else lives in the White House"?
- Now, symbolize:
"At least two people live in the White House".
"All males except George live outside the White House."
"The president lives in the White House"
III. Homework: The harder rules of PD and PD+
Just what is PD? And PD+?
- Homework Problems from chapter 8? 8.4ex II?
IV. Applied Logic (or what we're here for)
Analysis and Meaning
Real Life Argument
Programming is applied logic!
Philosophy and Logic I:
Philosophy and Logic II:
V. Review Sheet
VI. Mock Final Exam
- Do the new mock exams. See the syllabus for one. Here's another.
- (Optional:) Review the mock exams for Exam V. Look again at the one from last lecture.
- (Optional:) Try the next problem for more of a test:
VI. A Harder Problem...