L1 W (L2)
next exam: Two weeks
Note: change to "universe of discourse" from 'UD'. But I may have changed too much.
I. Syntax and Symbolization Review
- Symbolization Review
- Homework Questions?
III. Symbolizations with Basic Forms for categorical logic.
- As symbolizations get a little harder, we'll need to fit them into a couple of basic forms.
Here's the first form.
The Second Basic Form
- More Problems
- Consider the following interpetation.
- Semantics Review
- So, an interpretation gives a truth value assignment for PL.
For (*) '(^x)(Mx>Gx)',
More Semantical Definitions
IV. Categorical Logic
- Traditional categorical logic (the logic which relates categories or one-place predicates) involves
two further basic forms
V. Complex Symbolizations
Here are but a few of the many quantifier complications you will in natural language. Read about more in the tutorials and reference!
- Quantifier Type Complications
Complex Subjects and Predicates
- Something more fun...